Day 1 of TechEd 2008 was a long first day to open up the conference. Starting off with breakfast at 7:30, heading to the keynote at 8:30 and then onward to breakout sessions, hands on labs and interactive sessions through 6:30 in the evening was quite a lot to digest – but the day didn’t end there as we headed over to the MCP/MCT/MVP Gathering in the evening and then over to the City Walk for the TechEd Groove. Nevertheless, the core personal highlights included:
- a better understanding of Dynamics CRM 4.0 and how it integrates with other products (Microsoft and other)
- tips and tricks using PowerShell for web content management and the SharePoint object model
- an understanding of the certification path for Windows Server 2008
- hands on lab for advanced SharePoint administration – how I’ve missed working with the CLI
- how records management is improving in MOSS 2007
All in all, a great first day at TechEd 2008.